FOOOOOOOD

Hi all!

So, it's been a little while. But I am back! And I have some awesome food to share!

1. The Rural Games in Palmy were AWESOME. I learned how to sheer a sheep. I got to watch some super smart sheep dogs. I met some beautiful greyhounds, and of course, a whole bunch of lumber jacks!!! What a time. The food was delicious, as well. There were many food trucks, and I love love love food trucks. Our first stop was at the cute little Firebirdeats truck. (I mean anywhere that says 'GF options' my friends know I am stopping at!!!) I ate a delicious chorizo salad, instead of a sandwich. It was delightful. I have been a huge chorizo fan ever since I ventured to Spain in the Summer of 2016.


The chorizo had veggies mixed in! The stuff on top was almost like a spicy coleslaw. I'm a big fan of spicy foods!

2. I finally found ICED COFFEE!! I found a cute little place called the Urban Pantry here in Palmerston North, and guess what?!?! They serve cold brew and kombucha on tap! Greatest day ever. You know that I'll be going back soon. In fact, I've already been quite a few times. I've missed my coffee! Starbucks... where ya at?!?! Also, Urban Pantry sells one of my new favorite GF brands I have found here in New Zealand, Maple Raw Kitchen. They make the BEST raw, vegan and refined sugar-free goodies! I tried their snickers bar, and yes - I absolutely went to Heaven. Coffee and desserts in the same place *insert heart eye emoji*! 

Look how cute the packaging is!! I'm definitely trying to find more of their delicious stuff to try.

3. I HAVE FOUND GLUTEN FREE PIZZA!!! I have missed good pizza for the past few months. I love pizza. As I cried in the kitchen after my diagnosis, pasta and pizza ran through my brain rapidly. Where will I find my pizza? Welp, looks like I am not leaving New Zealand, because HELL Pizza is my new greatest friend. Their gluten free pizza is so mouthwatering. I shared a pizza with Stacey yesterday, and all she could say was, "Wow, this doesn't even taste like it's gluten free!" That would be when you know that it is GOOD pizza! I may start living off of pizza... Just a thought.


Ugh, look at this beauty. Hell has singles and big pizzas, so it's perfect. I even tried their GF Brownie... And yes, it was also incredible. How will I leave you my pizza?!?!

4. Finally - it's only Wednesday night here, and it has been a long week. Monday morning, I ate a pastry labeled at the dining hall "Gluten Free." Lemme tell u... It was indeed NOT gluten free. Sitting in class a half an hour later, I became super nauseous. I had to excuse myself and go back to my room to take medicine, and then sleep for the rest of the day. It's frustrating! It's either gluten free or it's not. This is the second time I have had this issue with the dining hall here at Massey University. I have been waiting for the main chef to come into work so that I can discuss this issue with him. I'll keep you guys posted.

It's almost break time here, and I have so much happening! For break I will be traveling to Australia and the South Island of New Zealand... Lots of NEW food goodies! This weekend I will be attending an international food festival, so I'll definitely be posting about that on Sunday or Monday.

I hope everyone is enjoying the snow! Snuggle up & happy Spring!

Love,
Becs
(21 March 2018)


Comments

Popular Posts