Burger Fuel

Hiya guys!

It's been quite the week! I ended my Friday with a fun trip to the health center after saving a little kitten, who of course ripped my fingers to shreds. It's okay though - I love kittens. I'm fine with being the crazy American!! It's cold here and I didn't want the little nugget to die! Nothing some antibiotics and a tetanus shot won't fix! And unfortunately, I'm a bit sick! I found the equivalent to DayQuil/NyQuil here in New Zealand, it's called Codral. But - all in all - I'm doing swell! And Saturday, the Palmerston North Rural Games begin, so you'll catch me watching the Tractor Pulls and Cow Milking races!!!

Alright - so, of course, after my little dining hall mishap where I realized I would not be eating burgers at the dining hall, I knew I had to find a burger place. Luckily - Stacey and I just so happened to stumble upon Burger Fuel one day when we were totally lost downtown.

Burger Fuel is the home to the best burgers I've found here in New Zealand! They also have veggie burgers, fries, delicious shakes and some other goodies. Unfortunately, the fries are not gluten free due to the frier they use - but that's okay with me! I am just so glad they have GF buns for the burgers, even if they are $2 extra...


This time I tried the C N Cheese Burger. It has melted cheddar, truffle mascarpone, grated parmesan, aioli, salad (or the regular lettuce, onion, tomato, etc.), and relish.


Here in New Zealand, I've had pretty descent experiences with GF bread. This bun is super tasty!


The next time I go, I'll have to try a veggie burger! They're supposed to be pretty good!

So, if you're ever in New Zealand - I definitely recommend Burger Fuel!

I'll post again soon - the Rural Games are supposed to have some great food trucks! So I'll definitely be trying out some good foods hopefully!

Best,

Becs
(9 March 2018)




Comments

Popular Posts