Wellington, NZ & the Boat Cafe

Hi again all!

This past weekend, Stacey and I took a trip to Wellington. Wellington is at the bottom of the North Island on the coast, about two hours away from Palmerston North. Let me just tell you guys - the ocean over here in New Zealand, it's unreal. It is so beautiful. I've never seen such blue, green waters. How can this place be SO GREEN?!?! It's unreal.

We got to Wellington late on Saturday, and Stacey and I went out to experience the downtown life of Wellington. We walked down Cuba Street and Cuba Mall, and we stopped at some cute little places. Honestly, we found one of the funniest karaoke bars - we were definitely the youngest there!! Honestly though, quite an experience to watch... Highly recommend karaoke bars to ALL.

Sunday, we spent all day sightseeing. Mount Victoria Lookout, Oriental Bay, Wellington Cable Car, a few museums and the weekend markets - just to name a few. There is so much to do is this beautiful city! While on our way to Wellington, Stacey remembered that her mom's friend told her that Wellington is basically New Zealand's Chicago... The windy city. And let me tell you, we again had packed our bathing suits and shorts. Going well, right?!?! I think we should stop believing that we are going to go swimming anywhere in New Zealand - it's supringly cold!!!








For brunch, Stacey and I stopped at the Boat Cafe, this cute little boat anchored to a little port area in Oriental Bay. Let me just tell you guys - I had one of the BEST meals. I am a crazy huge breakfast/brunch lover - and when I found out I had Celiac Disease, I was quite scared that I no longer would be able to eat some of my favorite foods. I mean, I clearly can not go to Waffle House and plow through two waffles anymore, but I guess I'll survive... :) Finding tasty foods or combinations truly makes my Celiac diagnosis a bit easier.

For brunch, I had two sunny-side-up eggs with potatoes, avocado, salsa and chorizo!

Okay, so clearly there are flour tortillas on the bottom... I just removed them promptly from the plate. There was no mention of tortillas on the menu!! Oh well - ya win some, ya lose some. The chorizo made it spicy and tasty - I'm a fan of spicy!!

So seriously, I'm a big fan of both Wellington AND the Boat Cafe!

I think I'll be back soon!!!

Best,

Becs
(1 March 2018)

Comments

Popular Posts